10.17.2014

New Local Restaurant: College Hill Deli

Last week I broke the rainy day blues by heading over to a new restaurant the College Hill Deli.


This is not brand new.  It has been around for a little while but it still fits in my category of new.  The name says "deli" but it is so much more.  Yes you can get a great sandwich but its really a great Mediteranean Deli to add to your "to eat at" list.  They also offer catering and delivery services.





Its a small eating area and if its sunny outside the seating outside is great.  Its cozy and fun and the people working are very friendly.
I took a few friends and this was what we ate for lunch.  Well, we actually started off with an appetizer of hummus.  It really is a must on your first try...then branch out and get something else for an appetizer.  I am sure they are all good but you must try the hummus.

I ordered the Beef Shawarma. 


Many people have have heard of shawarma but I dare say many have not tried it.  You most likely were introduced to it watching the end of the Avengers Movie where IronMan wanted to try shawarma.

After...or before you save the world, be like IronMan and try it.  It's good.  If you are not a beef fan you can get chicken shawarma.  You can also add the chicken shawarma to the humus appetizer making the hummus even more exceptional.  Anyway, here was my lunch.  You get a side and I got the caesar salad.  You know, I like to mix up my ethnic food genres on one plate.

My friend ordered a Bierock Pie.

Here is before the bite....

Here is an inside look.  He also ordered the fattoush salad as his side.
My other friend ordered the fattoush salad as her lunch.  She claims it is her "go to"...light and awesomely delicious.  Her words...I promise.

There are many desserts to choose from and we got lemon cake.  It looks orange but its lemon cake.  It was good and had great icing.

If you want to check out College Hill Deli's full menu click here.  It could be a great dinner out or a great place to snag lunch.  I have never tried their catering or delivery services.  If you have comment below because I would love hear about your experience!

College Hill Deli and Catering on Urbanspoon

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity