8.27.2014

Local Eats: Thai Traditions

Today I headed to Thai Traditions with a few friends.  Its a local lunch spot I like to frequent so I thought I would share it with you.

Its located in East Wichita at 650 North Carriage Parkway #120.  Basically, its off of Central between Woodlawn and Edgemoor Street. Its tucked away from the street...but aren't those the best finds?   It's a great little lunch and dinner restaurant for Thai food.   Lunch prices for an entree are between 7-9 and it gets a couple dollars pricier at dinner time.  Check out the inside

I don't know if it counts for much, but in my honest opinion, Thai Traditions is the best Thai food in Wichita.  First up on the order were two appetizers.  I always get the Crying Tiger appetizer.  It is delicious marinated beef served with Thai Traditions salsa.  
The Crying Tiger is just so good that I cannot bring myself to try another, but since I was eating with friends I ordered the Chicken Satay.  The Chicken Satay is traditionally marinated chicken breast served with some seriously good peanut sauce with a side of cucumber relish.

Then our entrees came out.  Here was lunch today.

If you don't know about Thai food you don't know that you can pick your spice level.  Thai food can be "knock your socks off", "I am sweating bullets as I eat" hot. If that is your thing...you can order every dish this way. Some are naturally spicy but you can tell in the order, you know, when it uses the word "spicy". They ask you at your order your intensity level. If you like spicy you can order it.  If you fear spicy, you can avoid it.  My friends and I... we avoided it.  I think we disappointed our chef because he brought their spicy tray to challenge us to try it.
Top to Bottom/Left to Right:  Jalapeno Vinegar, Crushed Red Pepper,  Chili Fish Sauce, Chili Sauce


One of us dared to try the Jalapeno vinegar on his entree.  He avoided the Jalapenos but added the vinegar sauce.  It made his entree a little sweeter.  Speaking of entrees, lets talk about what is sitting in my belly right now.


I ordered traditional Pad Thai.  It is my favorite.  It has noodles, Thai Traditions really great peanut sauce, chicken, shrimp and lots of other good stuff.  You can have spring rolls or you can switch them out with crab rangoon...which is what I did.  If you are a tentative Thai food eater.  Pad Thai is always a safe but delicious option.

My friend Doug ordered the Spicy Peanut Chicken.  Doug was the strongest of us all, ordering a naturally spicy item on the menu.  It has chicken, peanut sauce, peanuts, veggies and pepper.  They do a good job of spreading out the spice to make it not blazing hot. The next lunch entree we tried was Pad See Eew
Pad See Eew has pan fried flat noodles, chicken, and broccoli in a light sauce.   Flat noodles are a staple of Thai food so this one is worth a try.  
If you like Mushrooms you should try the Mushroom dish.  It has all different kinds of mushrooms and onions sauteed in a light Thai sauce. Any or all the entrees you can choose chicken, beef, shrimp or tofu as an add in.  If you are a vegetarian that doesn't like tofu, you can choose none!

If you like Thai food, head down to Thai traditions.  The service is great and you will get your food in the perfect amount of time.  If you don't know if you like Thai food...try Thai Traditions because it's the best in Wichita and you can use chop sticks.

...or feed others with chop sticks.

Not sure what is going on behind us....

Thai Tradition on Urbanspoon

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity